As tensions build in Honduras, leading up to the November 2013 presidential elections, Rights Action has brought a group of 23 mainly North Americans to investigate the political and human rights situation.
"Particularly worrying, however, is the very dramatic increase in [World Bank and IDB] lending that coincided with the highest waves of terror, which reached genocidal proportions in the late 1970s and early 1980s."
- open letter to women of Siria Valley , by Mining Watch and Development and Peace
- article by Mary Durran, Development and Peace
- links to 3 “cover-up” articles about how Goldcorp and Honduran authorities covered up reports about health harms caused by Goldcorp’s mine
- Article: NEW DOCUMENTS SHOW REAGAN GAVE GO-AHEAD TO MAYAN GENOCIDE
- Article: GENOCIDE ON TRIAL IN GUATEMALA, SETTING MODEL FOR REGION
- GHRC: international accompaniers wanted
- How to support?
Tras dos días de vistas, la jueza Carole Brown, del Tribunal Superior de Ontario, dijo hoy que considerará si admite que prosiga en los tribunales canadienses la demanda de varios ciudadanos guatemaltecos contra la minera Hudbay.