- Goldcorp Chairman Ian Telfer Guilty of Insider-trading (classic white-collar crime), For Which He Is Given $200,000 ‘Slap-On-Wrist’ Fine
- Former head of security at Tahoe Resources/Goldcorp mine site in Guatemala remains in jail on criminal charges of attacking and wounding at least 6 peaceful protesters
Criminalization Continues Against Leaders Of COPINH And Lenca Indigenous Communities As They Defend Their Natural Resources And Way Of Life
As the film Gold Fever is being screened around the world, I had the chance to visit some of the Mayan Mam communities in San Miguel Ixtahuacan (San Marcos, Guatemala) directly suffering the harms and violations caused by Goldcorp Inc’s cyanide-leaching, mountain-top removal “Marlin” mine
- Article contextualizing Honduras’ upcoming elections – “Honduras On The Brink Of Change”
- What to do – How to support Honduras’ pro-democracy movement?
- Urgent Communiqué on the Massacre in Nacahuil, Guatemala. By various Guatemalan indigenous and grassroots groups
- Gunmen kill 11, wound 18 in poor Guatemalan town. By Sonia Perez D. Associated Press