- NYT article: "Trial On Guatemalan Civil War Carnage Leaves Out U.S. Role"
- Commentary: "Follow Guatemala's Lead: Convene A Genocide Case Grand Jury"
- NYT article: "Victory In Guatemala? Not Yet"
- Urgent Action: Illegal arrest of Priest and 22 members of Honduran National Resistance Front
- Article: THE AGUA ZARCA DAM: How the World Bank and Central American Bank for Economic Integration are Profiting from the Looting of Indigenous Lenca Territory
A Guatemalan court has ordered a criminal investigation of all others involved in the Rios Montt crimes. It won't be easy. Prosecutors and judges will be risking their careers and lives. Witnesses will know that they might die if they come forward to give evidence.
Article "HONDURAN POLICE ACCUSED AS DEATH SQUADS" by Alberto Arce, Associated Press, May 13, 2013
At 9:30pm, Saturday May 11, three heavily armed men assassinated Jose Omar Perez Menjivar, the 37 year-old president of the Los Laureles community business, in the Concepcion settlement, that belongs to the Unified Campesino Movement of Aguan (MUCA), as he was returning from his mother-in-law's house, in the company of his wife, in the Laureles neighborhood of Tocoa, Colon .