Starting last night (May 22), the Honduran military headed by Operation Xatruch Commander, Coronel German Alfaro and private security guards contracted by Dinant Corporation (controlled by Honduran oligarch Miguel Facusse) have been inside the Paso Aguan finca firing automatic weapons in what appears to be attempts to intimidate and scare the community of ‘La Panama’ that lives inside and adjacent to the finca.
(Article by Grahame Russell) The Struggle For Justice For Genocide Continues in Guatemala - And A Story About The Relentless, Collective Work Of Ants
Even as the genocide verdict in Guatemala has been "over-turned" by the very partial Constitutional Court, it is important to focus attention on, and one day hold to account other governments - particularly the United States - and other international actors, such as the World Bank and IDB, for how they contributed to and benefitted from the genocides and crimes against humanity in Guatemala.
- NYT article: "Trial On Guatemalan Civil War Carnage Leaves Out U.S. Role"
- Commentary: "Follow Guatemala's Lead: Convene A Genocide Case Grand Jury"
- NYT article: "Victory In Guatemala? Not Yet"
- Urgent Action: Illegal arrest of Priest and 22 members of Honduran National Resistance Front
- Article: THE AGUA ZARCA DAM: How the World Bank and Central American Bank for Economic Integration are Profiting from the Looting of Indigenous Lenca Territory