- Amed men fired bullets at not-for-profit organization, and broke into home of lawyer challenging the legality of mining license granted to Tahoe/Goldcorp.
- Tahoe/Goldcorp accused of operating an illegal armed group carrying out illegal actions against the civilian population.
"Particularly worrying, however, is the very dramatic increase in [World Bank and IDB] lending that coincided with the highest waves of terror, which reached genocidal proportions in the late 1970s and early 1980s."
- Article: NEW DOCUMENTS SHOW REAGAN GAVE GO-AHEAD TO MAYAN GENOCIDE
- Article: GENOCIDE ON TRIAL IN GUATEMALA, SETTING MODEL FOR REGION
- GHRC: international accompaniers wanted
- How to support?
Human rights advocates tell World Bank (WB) auditors that the WB is obligated to respect the rights of the "Panama" campesino community in Honduras, who were shot at while protesting the illegal and violent land usurpations that they are suffering at the hands of the Dinant Corporation, a WB loan recipient.
Rights Action was honored to bring Angelica Choc - one of the plaintiffs - to Toronto, to attend 2 days of court hearings concerning 3 civil suits filed against Hudbay Minerals concerning the killing of Adolfo Ich, the shooting-paralyzing of German Chub and the gang rapes of 11 women in the community of Lote 8 (all in the municipality of El Estor, department of Izabal, Guatemala).