Letter to the World Bank and Inter-American Development Bank
- NYT article: "Trial On Guatemalan Civil War Carnage Leaves Out U.S. Role"
- Commentary: "Follow Guatemala's Lead: Convene A Genocide Case Grand Jury"
- NYT article: "Victory In Guatemala? Not Yet"
A comprehensive article, by Annie Bird, about the intersection between “development” projects funded by the World Bank, and repression carried out by U.S.-supported regimes - and directly by U.S. military involvement - in Guatemala and Honduras.
Even as Tahoe / Goldcorp push ahead, even as repression increases, community after community are holding public, transparent consultations and every single one is saying ‘no’ to the imposition of this type of “development” project.
- Amed men fired bullets at not-for-profit organization, and broke into home of lawyer challenging the legality of mining license granted to Tahoe/Goldcorp.
- Tahoe/Goldcorp accused of operating an illegal armed group carrying out illegal actions against the civilian population.
"Particularly worrying, however, is the very dramatic increase in [World Bank and IDB] lending that coincided with the highest waves of terror, which reached genocidal proportions in the late 1970s and early 1980s."
- Article: NEW DOCUMENTS SHOW REAGAN GAVE GO-AHEAD TO MAYAN GENOCIDE
- Article: GENOCIDE ON TRIAL IN GUATEMALA, SETTING MODEL FOR REGION
- GHRC: international accompaniers wanted
- How to support?
A Public Letter, sent to Member of Parliament Diane Ablonczy, concerning the criminalization of people in Guatemala who are peacefully defending communities from illegal and harmful entry of Canadian (and other) mining companies.
A statement from ADIVIMA about a legal hearing, before the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, concerning the 1982 Rio Negro / Chixoy Dam massacres (killing over 440 Mayan Achi people from the remote village of Rio Negro.
Dear Yoli: I have no words in my heart or mouth that could possibly express my outrage and grief over what has happened. The harm to your precious sacred person is vile and inexcusable. The intended harm to your soul, your spirit, your struggle, and the struggle of all those, who like you, are in love with the Earth